an epic trilogy
god, i love tumblr. it’s good to be back.
(it’s finals week.)
70 year-old Buddhist monk Hua Chi has been praying in the same spot at his temple in Tongren, China for over 20 years. His footprints, which are up to 1.2 inches deep in some areas, are the result of performing his prayers up to 3000 times a day. Now that he is 70, he says that he has greatly reduced his quantity of prayers to 1,000 times each day.
Current State of the Union:
- I’m completely obsessed with mental health and am reading every abnormal psych textbook/medical dictionary that i have in my home. Which is awkward because I have quite a few.
- I’m so much obsessed in that I’m thinking of staying at Towson for four years, which wasn’t part of the plan, to study psych/get internships and actually be prepared for the possibility of doing/getting into the social work program at UMDB.
- But at the same time I hate studying psych. Like cross-cultural psych literally almost killed me. I couldn’t handle that class. It’s so Western and it’s so biased and it’s so close-minded and I don’t know if I can take another year of that.
- I also don’t know if I can afford it. Plus grad school.
- But my orientation/informational meeting is on the 24th. And that’s so exciting.
- But it’s like the only thing I can think about.
- Besides therapy, getting better, and being successful.
- Also, actually being able to read is honestly astounding to me.
- It’s changing my life.
- I’ve been reading a book a day.
- I haven’t been able to read and actually finish a book. in. like. forever.
- Sometimes all you really need is hope and klonopin ;)
- And apparently a mysterious mood disorder.
The Princess Diaries-2001
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
Also, thank you, all of you for not giving any The Dark Knight Rises spoilers, y’all are amazing.
bruce wayne is batman
son of a bitch
biology-what am i?
psychology-who am i?
philosophy-why am i?
what i love about anthropology is that it takes the ‘i’ out of these questions and recontextualizes it:
anthropology-who are WE?
while taking into consideration the presence of the anthropologist, of course. who are we and why are we fucking everything up?
THIS IS MY FAVORITE ADAPTATION IN THE WORLD
i know every single line of this movie
i am such a cinderella fanatic.
there were 7 billion pieces of biodegradable confetti, to represent each person in the world.
out there, in London, in the Olympic Stadium, there is a piece of biodegradable confetti dedicated to me.
i hope mine fell in someone’s cleavage